Anti Aging Therapies
At Jade River Healing Arts we know that how you look plays an important role in how you feel, and vice-versa.
Aging, wrinkles and skin discoloration occur due to a combination of factors, including damage from the sun and free radicals, cellular changes including changes in collagen formation, hormonal changes and even changes in the way fat is distributed, all of which should be addressed in order to see optimal results. That’s why we offer a variety of safe, natural cosmetic medical techniques in addition to individually tailored anti-aging regimens to leave you looking and feeling better.
Cosmetic Acupuncture, commonly known as “facelift” acupuncture, helps stimulate the body’s own collagen production in areas of wrinkles, helps tone the underlying facial muscles, and relieves muscular facial tension that contributes to wrinkle formation. Utilizing fine needles inserted into the wrinkled areas, patients often find firmer skin tone, decreased under eye bags, and increased overall skin health.
Cosmetic Acupuncture is growing in popularity, and no wonder:
- There is little to no down-time. Performed in our relaxing office suites, each treatment takes about 60 minutes. The most common side-effect is mild, transient bruising.
- Typically given in series of ten treatments, effects are seen in as little as 2-3 days and a course of treatment can last 3-4 months, or longer, depending on your response to the care.
- For those just beginning to notice fine lines and wrinkles, Cosmetic Acupuncture is a great option, because it relaxes the muscles of the face and can prevent deeper wrinkles from occurring.
- Compared to most cosmetic procedures, Cosmetic Acupuncture is less costly, far less invasive, and does not include the introduction of foreign agents such as fillers or chemicals.
Combined with our relaxing facials, your face can glow, and look years younger.
Acne and Acne Scarring
Acne affects most of us at some point in our lives and multiple factors are to blame. We use a comprehensive approach to treat both acne and acne scarring including:
- Dietary intervention
- Nutraceuticals and herbal remedies
- Pharmaceuticals when appropriate
- Chemical peel referrals
Skin Discoloration and Chemical Peels
Long term sun exposure accounts for a significant amount of the damage that we associate with aging skin, including wrinkles and skin discoloration. Chemical peels work by exfoliating the skin and stimulating collagen growth to correct this damage. Chemical peels and other aesthetic treatments are available from our Estheticians.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
As we age, hormone production steadily decreases leading to symptoms like fatigue, weight gain, muscle aches, decreased bone density, slow healing times, dry, thinning skin and wrinkling, depression, hot flashes, night sweats and decreased sex drive. In fact men and women may start to notice these changes as early as age 35!
Our naturopaths utilize a comprehensive management approach to balancing hormones for both men and women that includes laboratory testing, nutraceuticals, lifestyle counseling as well as pharmacologic approaches in optimizing hormones to leave you looking and feeling your absolute best.